Hip-Happy Halloween

As the annual holiday nears- the metro bursts with festivities in celebration.

Lyneah Knopik, Reporter

It is that time of the year again where sugar is everywhere and people are crafting their costumes. The Twin Cities seem to be taking on different ways of celebration. From haunted spectacles to comedic spins for the holiday- here is a list of some of the festivities students may enjoy. 

Taking place on Nov. 2 is the Beauty and the Priest: Halloween Comedy Party. The party is hosted by Fr. Vito and Laura Hlavac at Temple of Fashion in St. Paul. Their doors open at 6:30 p.m. with tickets starting at $15 online and $18 at the door. Parking is free and they warn to show up early as the event sells out quickly. For more information, visit eventbrite.com for more details about the show and its hosts. 

Then in Lowertown, St. Paul, the second-annual Zeitgeist Halloween Festival will take place. The event includes a cast of storytellers made up of Laura Packer and Queen Drea with music by Zeitgeist’s Heather Barringer. The event will take place from Oct. 31 to Nov. 3. Each night hosts different sets and the casts will also be engaging with audiences in between. Costs go from $10 to $40. For more information visit their website, zeitgeistnewmusic.org/zeitgeist-halloween-festival-2019

Another Halloween special includes Minneapolis’ laser show, Laserface Halloween presented by Gareth Emery. The event only includes audiences 18+ and takes place on Oct. 26. Goers can reserve parking on the website at, armorymn.com/events/laserface-halloween where their contacts and ticket sales are included as well.

Nightly through Nov. 3 the Minnesota Zoo is hosting their Jack-O-Lantern Spectacular. Tickets are offered for 7, 8 and 9 p.m. entries and are $18 per ticket.

The Bare Bones Puppets Halloween Extravaganza will be held at 7pm on Oct. 25, 26, 31 and Nov. 2. An annual event in its 26th year, the puppet show offers a spectacle for all ages. The outdoor performance will be held at Hidden Falls Regional Park. 

For something in the daytime, The Minnesota Valley National Wildlife Refuge in Bloomington has their 3rd annual Bat Festival. On Oct. 26 from 9am to 3:30pm the free event will feature many bat themed activities such as trivia, crafts and bat shows. 

Running through Nov 2nd is the Haunted Basement at the Rosedale Shopping Center. Only for those 18+ Haunted Basement offers an intense experience where the actors are allowed to touch you. They also offer a no-touch experience for those 15+ and fraidy cat tours. Tickets for the Fraidy Cat tours are $15 and the other experiences are $30

There are plenty more festivities around the Twin Cities that students can attend, but these are a few to get into the spirit of Halloween. Remember to stay safe at any event attended and have a very happy-spooky Halloween to kick off the holiday season.