Piper’s face highs and lows as regular season winds down

Conan Searcy
First-year Ema Rehder prepares to deflect an incoming pass on defense in the Piper’s game against Lake Forest on April 13.

Following a red hot 5–1 start the Pipers have now gone over a month without seeing the win column, falling to 5–6 as the postseason approaches. The season opener didn’t end in favor of the Pipers however they went on a five game winning streak with four being on the road.
Unfortunately the success did not continue on as the Pipers have now lost five games in a row with the season ending in just two weeks.
The next game of the season will be against a familiar foe in Augsburg (2–11) who are primed to be a bounceback opponent for the Pipers on April 20.
Following the weekend matchup the Pipers will travel up to River Falls to battle the 9–3 Falcons who have yet to lose an in-conference game this season.
Later in the week Hamline will travel up to St. Joseph to play at the College of St. Benedict (5–3).

Sophomore Aoi Suzuki and first-year Ema Rehder chase down a Lake Forest attacker entering the Hamline zone. (Conan Searcy)

On the 27th of April the program will honor its eight seniors before the final home game of the season versus Northwestern (5–7) who Hamline edged out 10–9 earlier in the season.
The final game of the regular season will take place on April 29 in Menomonie, Wisconsin against UW-Stout (3-8).
The favorable matchups will hopefully propel the Pipers back into the early success that slipped away in the midst of a tough schedule. Despite the recent losing streak, the program has still surpassed the previous seasons win total of four and has the potential for the best season since the dominant 19-2 season in 2019.