Men’s Tennis already off to best season in over a decade

The Hamline Men’s Tennis team faced two skilled teams this past Wednesday afternoon, the University of Northwestern Eagles and Martin Luther College Knights. The team suffered a narrow 5–4 loss against Northwestern but bounced back with a 9–0 victory over Martin Luther.
The Piper’s doubles victory over Northwestern came from the dynamic duo of junior Surprise Taylor and first-year Keegan Terrone, who secured a satisfying 8–6 win.
The team showcased their skills in the singles matches against Northwestern, clinching victory in three matches. Terrone secured victory with a solid 7–6, 7–5 performance at No. 5, sophomore Liam Smith dominated with a 6–0, 6–1 win at No. 6, and senior Elijah Krause clinched a thrilling victory with a 5–7, 6–2, 1–0 final in the No. 3 position.
Dominating on the courts for doubles against Martin Luther, senior Isaac Hultberg and sophomore Tyler Rousslang led with an 8–2 win at No. 1. doubles. Krause and Terrone conquered the courts 8–1 at No. 2, while first-year Connor Donley and junior Tate Johanning sealed the deal with an 8–3 win at No. 2
The winning streak didn’t end there with Hultberg delivering an 8-0 knockout at No. 1 singles. Rousslang didn’t disappoint with an 8–1 victory at No. 2. Taylor and Terrone kept the momentum going with 8–0 successes at the No. 3 and No. 4 singles. Smith secured victory with an 8–2 final at No. 5, and Donley came out on top with an 8–1 win at No. 6.