Baseball splits double header with College of Saint Scholastica

In a two game set originally scheduled for Tuesday, the Pipers adjusted by earning a Wednesday series split with the Saints of the College of Saint Scholastica.
On a day of low scoring, the Saints started out game one with a first-inning run, courtesy of a Levi Stubbles sacrifice fly. Then in the fourth, the Pipers would tie it up at one with an ever-so-familiar RBI courtesy of Finn Melchior.
Later in the fifth, St. Scholastica would regain the lead as Stubbles would knock in another run via an RBI single to left field.
The Saints would hold on to that lead as the Pipers would go on to drop game one by a final score of 2–1.
Finn Melchior was the highlight of the offense going 1–3 and knocking in the Pipers lone score. On the pitching side of things, Hans Christensen would pitch the full six innings while allowing only two runs off of seven hits while striking out four Saints batters.
Game two started off quick for the Pipers as a first inning wild pitch would allow Max Gertsner to score from third, putting the Pipers up 1–0 early in the contest. In the bottom of the inning, Stubbles would hit a sacrifice fly to center field that would knot the score at one a piece.
Following that in the second inning, first year Jacob Barmore doubled into the left center gap to score a run, putting the Pipers up by one. Later in the third Mac Enlow would add another run via a single to left center, scoring Tyler Johnson.
The score would remain the same through the rest of the nine inning affair, resulting in a 3–1 victory for the Pipers.
Max Gertsner was the star offensively, being responsible for scoring the Pipers first run. On top of that he had a 1–3 day at the plate while walking twice and stealing three bases, tying him for the team lead in stolen bases.
The Piper pitching staff dominated in game two, led by starter Connor Mestemacher who tossed 5.2 innings of one run ball while striking out four batters and only giving up three runs. Josh Cary would come in next to pitch the rest of the game and earn the save. For his 3.1 innings of effort, Cary would strike out four batters while giving up no runs and no hits.
The Pipers improve to 4–6 in conference play and 12–17 overall. They will next be in action against Bethel on April 20.