Baseball Swept by Augsburg over weekend

Hamline dropped both contests in their two game set against Augsburg last Saturday as they approach the MIAC conference tournament.
Senior Braeden Bourne got the scoring started for the Pipers in game one with a second inning single to left that put Hamline up 1–0. That would be the only time the Pipers led throughout the rest of the contest as the Auggies would immediately answer back with a 2 run bottom of the inning. Augsburg would add on another in the third and two more in the fourth to make it a 5–1 ballgame.
In the fifth inning, the Pipers were treated to junior Finn Melchior RBI double to cut the deficit down to three. The Auggies pitching staff, however, would hold the Pipers scoreless while adding two more to their total as Hamline falls in game one by a final score of 7–2
Melchior and Bourne highlighted the Piper offense, with each recording a hit along with an RBI.
Augsburg was responsible for the first run on the board in game two, scoring on a sacrifice fly in the first inning. Bourne would strike in the top of the second inning with an RBI single to score fifth-year Max Gertsner and knot the game at one apiece. Bourne struck again in the fourth, this time with a sacrifice fly that gave the Pipers their first lead of the game.
Moving into the seventh inning, Ty Gage and Adam Marshall hit a pair of RBI singles for the Auggies as they regained the lead 3–2. Later in the top of the eighth, Gertsner yet again came in clutch for the Pipers as he smacked a game tying double to right.
Going into extra innings, the score would remain locked at 3–3 until the eleventh inning. In the eleventh, Marshall would hit a walkoff single for the Auggies and Hamline fell in game two by a final score of 4–3.
Hamline moves to 6–10 in conference play and 14–21 overall. They will next be in action on April 27 as they conclude their three game weekend series against Augsburg.