An “improvable” mission for laughs

Comedy troupe “Mission IMPROVable” entertains at Anderson Center

PHOTO | KRISTINA STUNTEBECK, ORACLE
Agent Pepperjack takes suggestions from the audience, while Agents Trail Mix, Sugarbear and Aerospace prepare to sing a song about them one word at a time.

Photo by Kristina Stuntebeck

PHOTO | KRISTINA STUNTEBECK, ORACLE Agent Pepperjack takes suggestions from the audience, while Agents Trail Mix, Sugarbear and Aerospace prepare to sing a song about them one word at a time.

Shelbie Morrell, Reporter

Mission IMPROVable visited Hamline last Saturday and filled the night with laughter as they responded to audience suggestions. This resulted in hilarious scenarios such as singing with a minotaur at the Hogwarts School of Magic to participating in the newly discovered Shakespearean play, “Dost Thou Have The Booty.” The improv group consists of four ‘agents’ named Agent Sugarbear, Agent Pepperjack, Agent Trail Mix, and Agent Aerospace who go on missions according to suggestions thrown out by the audience.

The group opened up the night with the division of the audience into three groups. The first group, Group A, was instructed to yell chocolate and Group B vanilla. Group C, which consisted of one audience member, then was assigned the task of giving his best impression of the song “Milkshake.”. After Group C’s musical debut, three of the agents participated in an event where two of the agents pretended to be married and as they talked, the third agent would say “should have said” and the person who said it would have to reword their last phrase. This resulted in Agent Aerospace grasping Agent Pepperjack’s entire face after losing a puppy with Agent Pepperjack saying, “I love it when you do that.” The hilarity continued with three of the agents then becoming one Agent Superspell, whose task was to spell words suggested by the audience and then come up with a sentence involving the word. This went well until Agent Superspell encountered the word onomatopoeia which they spelled as O-N-A-M-A-T-E-A. They then recited the word in their version of Washington’s speech crossing the Delaware, which apparently includes subtly picking up chicks.

The night continued with students being pulled into the act as they impersonated anything from the superhero/supervillian duo, Dogeater and Dogwalker to a struggle for the last known banana in the world. This act was then followed with an intense interrogation between three of the agents concerning the double hipster homicide of Ronald McDonald and Kim Kardashian using a fedora.