Revisiting an action packed spring for Hamline Athletics

Following an exciting end to the winter sports season at Hamline the spring programs followed the trend going into the end of the academic year.
Softball got off to a remarkable start, opening up the season with a four game winning streak and then another just three weeks later. Currently the team sits at 14–14 with eight games left on the season. The remaining games consist strictly of MIAC programs with just two of the games scheduled to take place at Meredith Field.
Lacrosse has had a year of ups and downs since the start, however they have recently found consistent success and are back over the .500 mark since their five game winning streak earlier in the season.
The program has shown some serious firepower when everything clicks together, with a collection of blowout victories on the year. During spring break the team traveled down to North Carolina and did nothing but dominate, winning game one against N.C. Wesleyan 14-1 and then topping Wiliam Peace 18-2 two days later.
The team has just four games left in the regular season, two out of conference games against UW-Stout and UW-River Falls. The final home game will take place on April 27th versus Northwestern with senior night festivities taking place before the opening faceoff.
Women’s Tennis has dropped under the .500 mark after losing back to back matches against Gustavus Adolphus and then Concordia Moorhead. Outside of a perfect spring break trip the program has kept things consistent, going the whole season without losing or winning more than three in a row.
The program has three more matches with just down the road against Macalester and St. Catherines and then will make the short trip to Mankato to face off against Bethany Lutheran.
Men’s Baseball has had a relatively down year on the diamond, sitting at 13–18 at the time of this writing with nine more games before the postseason. The remaining stretch will be all in-conference rivals before the first round of the conference tournament begins on May 9th at the Pipers home ballpark in CHS Field.
Thankfully for the program, seven of the nine final games take place in the metro area with the other two taking place in a doubleheader against St Olaf on May 1.
Last but not least the Men’s Tennis program has seen the most success this spring, sitting at a dominant 12–7 this season. The team has found an abundance of success in neutral play, with a 7–0 record. To cap off a brilliant season, the program will face off against only one more opponent on Tuesday April 23 against Bethany Lutheran.