Fogo de Chão: A meat lover’s paradise

Emily Welch

Located in the vibrant heart of downtown Minneapolis, Fogo de Chão beckons with the promise of an unforgettable Brazilian steakhouse dining adventure. With its rodizio-style service that features an array of meat, Fogo de Chão is a carnivore’s paradise. I have loved Fogo de Chão since childhood and recently enjoyed dining at this esteemed establishment again.
When you step into Fogo de Chão, the restaurant whisks you into a charming Brazilian environment, where the cozy, softly lit surroundings feature rich wooden accents and warm, earthy tones. This inviting atmosphere effortlessly combines elegance with a heartwarming aura, creating the perfect backdrop for any special celebration or an unforgettable evening.
At Fogo de Chão, the hallmark of their dining experience is the rodizio-style service, which involves a unique two-sided card — one side green, the other red. When you are ready to embark on a culinary journey, you flip your card to green, prompting the skilled servers to bring a variety of perfectly grilled meats to your table. These professional servers carve the meats directly onto your plate, guaranteeing a dining experience that is always freshly prepared and undeniably mouthwatering.
The star of the show at Fogo de Chão is the meat selection, and it does not disappoint. The choices range from their tender filet mignon to juicy lamb chops and flavorful pork sausages. These meats are seasoned impeccably and expertly cooked, resulting in a delightfully smoky and savory flavor that is hard to beat. Among my favorites were the parmesan chicken and the bacon-wrapped steak; both were incredibly juicy and flavorful.
While the meat rightfully takes center stage, Fogo de Chão offers a diverse array of sides and an abundant salad bar that’s not to be underestimated. The salad bar showcases fresh vegetables, cheeses, fruits and charcuterie. My family’s favorite is the light and airy cheese bread, thoughtfully replenished throughout the meal. The salad bar and sides serve as the perfect complement to the meat, providing a refreshing and lighter contrast to the rich flavors of the various grilled meats brought to your table.
The service at Fogo de Chão is nothing short of exceptional. The attentive staff ensures your glass is never empty, and the servers make frequent rounds to offer you a diverse selection of meats. Moreover, the staff’s dedication to providing you with an unforgettable experience extends beyond the meat service. Their warmth and professionalism contribute to the overall atmosphere of Fogo de Chão as a place where you can relax, enjoy and savor every moment of your meal.
Dining at Fogo de Chão in Minneapolis is not just a meal; it is a culinary experience that transports you through the vibrant flavors of Brazil. From the inviting ambiance to the impeccable service and, of course, the outstanding meats, every aspect of the dining experience is top-notch. While it is pricier, with the full tableside meat experience starting at $66.50 per person, it’s well worth it for a special occasion or a memorable night out. Fogo de Chão Minneapolis delivers on its promise of a gastronomic adventure that will leave your taste buds singing and your stomach blissfully content.