Red Bull Heavy Metal shreds up the State Capitol

The+main+stage+of+Red+Bull+Heavy+Metal+2024+contains+some+of+the+only+snow+in+the+state+of+Minnesota.+
Isaac Roy
The main stage of Red Bull Heavy Metal 2024 contains some of the only snow in the state of Minnesota.

Despite the 50 degree weather thanks to your favorite petroleum conglomerates, there was an unforgettable snowboarding display at the state capitol. From a glance it may have looked like the second coming of January 6th with people in Patagonia gear.
The event was put together by Red Bull, this was their third installation of “Red Bull Heavy Metal,” which took place in Detroit last year and Duluth, Minnesota the year before.
Some of the nation’s premier snowboarders partook in the free to attend event last Saturday. The vision of the event is to set up a skateboarding-like course for the snowboarders to display some of their best street tricks.
Among these superstars the event standouts were Zeb Powell, Minnesota native Benny Milam and Ryan Paul. These three are most famously known for competing in the X Games, they are also all members of Red Bull’s athletic roster.
The main event took place on the staircase leading into the Minnesota State Capitol, where thousands marched to capitol hill in the snowboarding takeover.
The crowd was lively all afternoon long, letting out roars each time a big trick was successfully pulled off. Despite the small ramps some of the athletes were able to throw some unique tricks.
The spectators couldn’t get enough of the flips, spins and everything in between that they were lucky enough to bear witness to. The free event was also a great chance for people in the area that may not have the means to attend other premier sporting events such as NBA or NFL games.